Owolabi Rasheed Uthman
From 1995 to 2001, B.Tech Chemical Engineering (Ladoke Akintola University of Technology)
From 2004 to 2005, M.Sc Chemical Engineering (University of Lagos)
From 2009 to Till Date, Ph.D (In View)Chemical Engineering (University of Lagos)
From 2004 to 2005, Graduate Assistant
University of Lagos
From 2008 to 2012, Teaching/Research Assisitant
Fountain University ,Nigeria
From 2012 to Till Date, Lecturer II
UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS
From NIL to NIL, NIL
Polymer Synthesis (with special interest in additional polymers)
Polymer Reaction Engineering
Green Chemical Reaction Process/Green Chemistry
Biomass Coversion into Biofuel/Bio-lubricants
Industrial Solvents /Additives from Local Raw Materials
1. Kareem,S.A and Owolabi, R.U* Dechlorination / on Set of Microbial Growth in Water Storage Tanks:A Case Study of Awe-Oyo Township Water Supply in Oyo State of Nigeria. Journal of Applied Sciences Research ( Pakistan ), 2010,6 (6): 589-593
2. Owolabi, R.U and Amosa, M.k. Laboratory Conversion of Used Water Sachet (Polyethylene) To Superwax/ Gloss Like Material. International Journal of Chemical Engineering and Applications (Malaysia), Vol. 1, No. 1, June 2010
Owolabi,R.U and Azeez,L.A. Transit Monitoring of Residual Chlorine in Awe-Oyo Area of Nigeria Township water Supply. International Journal of Chemical Engineering and Applications ( Malaysia ), Vol. 1, No. 2, August 2010
4. Owolabi,R.U and Rafiu,L.M. Chemical Engineering Education in Nigeria: Challenges and Prospects. International Journal of Chemical Engineering and Applications (Malaysia), Vol. 1, No. 2, August 2010.
5. Bello, I.A, Bello,K.A, Giwa, A.A, Owolabi, R.U, and Adebayo, G.B. (2010); Physical Modification of nylon-6 for improving dyeing quality of Selected acid dyes on fabrics and variation of thier thermodynamic parameters. Science Focus. 15(4) pp 453-4
6. Owolabi , R.U , Osiyemi , N. A, Amosa , M .K and Ojewumi , M. E. Biodiesel from Household/Restaurant Waste Cooking Oil (WCO), Journal of Chemical Engineering & Process Technology (USA), 2 , 4, 2011.
7. Kehinde ,A.J, Usman,M.A, Edoga ,M.O and Owolabi ,R.U*. Emerging Issues in the Mechanisms of High Pressure Free Radical Ethylene Polymerization. A Review .American Journal of Polymer Science (USA) ,2012,2(5):91-100
8. Owolabi,R.U, Adejumo A.L and Aderibigbe ,A.F. Biodiesel :Fuel for the Future (A Brief Review ) ,International Journal of Energy Engineering (USA).2012, 2(5):223-231.
9. Owolabi , R.U , Osiyemi , N. A, Alcoholysis of Carica Papaya Seed Oil To Diesel Like Fuel , International Review of Biophysical Chemistry (Italy),4 ,1, (2013),12-19.
10. R.U. Owolabi, M.D Adeoye, F.K. Talabi and M.S. Galadima , Sensitivity of Bio-Sourced Oils as Lubricants Basestocks , World Applied Sciences Journal (UAE) 23 (4): 582-587, 2013
11. Owolabi, R. U., Alabi, K. A. and Oke, O. B., Reclamation of Spent Automobile Engine Lubricating Oil , Fountain Journal of Natural and Applied Sciences (Osogbo ,Osun State,Nigeria.): 2013; 2(1); 11-16.
12. Kehinde ,A.J, Usman,M.A, and Owolabi ,R.U. Solvent –Initiator Compatibility and Sensitivity of Conversion of Styrene homo-polymerization, Journal of Polymer Engineering (USA) ,2013;(33)9,775-783.
13. Mutiu K. Amosa, Ma’an F.R. AlKhatib, Mohammed S. Jami, Dzun N. Jimat, Owolabi, R. Uthman, Suleyman A.Muyibi., Morphological synthesis and environmental application of ZSM-5 zeolite crystals from combined low-water and fluoride syntheses routes. Advances in Environmental Biology., 8(3), 613-625, 2014
Owolabi, R.U and Amosa, M.k. Laboratory Conversion of Used Water Sachet (Polyethylene) To Superwax/ Gloss Like Material.University of Lagos 6th Annual Research Conference&Fair,October,2010
Owolabi,R.U and Osiyemi,N.A. Alternative to Fossil Fuel: Health and Environmental Implications. 4th Society for interdisciplinary research Conference on Multidisciplinary Research and Global Development June,2011.(Fountain University)
Owolabi, R.U and Osiyemi,N.A,(2011). Alcoholysis of Carica papaya Seed Oil to diesel like fuel.University of Lagos 7th Annual Research Conference & Fair, October, 2011
Owolabi, R.U and Adejumo, L.A, (2011). Chemical Engineers in Biomedical Engineering . 12th Annual Biomedical Engineering Conference, September, 2011. (UNIOSUN)
Owolabi,R.U ,Adeoye, M.D, Talabi, F.K and Galadima, M.S. Sensitivity of Bio-Based Oil as Lubricants Basestocks, Unilag Golden Research Conference, November, 2012.
Owolabi , R.U , Alabi , K.A and Oke , O.B, Reclamation of Spent Automobile Engine Lubricating Oil, Unilag Golden Research Conference, November, 2012.
M.K. Amosa, M.F.R. Alkhatib, M.S. Jami, D.N. Jimat, Owolabi, R.U. and S.A. Muyibi (2013): “Synthesis of ZSM-5 from Low-Water/Fluoride Route for the Treatment of Petroleum Refinery Effluent”, 3rd International Conference on Biotechnology Engineering (
Owolabi ,R.U and Rafiu ,L.M , Chemical Engineering Education in Nigeria: Challenges and Prospects ,5th African Regional Conference on Engineering Education (ARCEE 2013),9th-12th September,2013,University of Lagos.