Dividend Policy and Stock Price to the Company Value in Pharmaceutical Company’s Sub Sector Listed in Indonesia Stock Exchange
International Journal of Law and Society
Volume 1, Issue 1, March 2018, Pages: 16-23
Received: Nov. 6, 2017;
Accepted: Nov. 28, 2017;
Published: Dec. 24, 2017
Views 1684 Downloads 95
Supitriyani, Department of Accounting, Sekolah Tinggi Ilmu Ekonomi (STIE) Sultan Agung, Pematangsiantar, Indonesia
Follow on us
The formulation of this research problem is how the dividend policy, stock price, the value of the company and leverage at Sub Sector of Pharmaceutical company listed in Indonesia Stock Exchange are described, and how the influence of dividend policy and stock price to the value of the company with leverage as moderating variable in Sub Sector of Pharmaceutical company listed in Indonesia Stock Exchange simultaneously or partially. The research method used in this paper is library research. The Object is a Sub-Sector of Pharmaceutical Company listed in the Indonesia Stock Exchange from 2014 to 2016 which published its audited financial statements successively during the year of research and has never experienced a negative net income position and consistently distributed dividends during the research year, totaling of 5 companies. The data used is qualitative and quantitative data, and data collection techniques by way of documentation. The technique of data analysis uses classical assumption, qualitative and quantitative descriptive analysis. The results of the study can be summarized as follows: 1) There are 5 years of companies whose dividend policy is below average, there are 4 years of companies whose stock price is below the average and 3 years of companies whose value is below average, 2) Results regression testing is Y = 1,702 + 1,211 X1 + 1,989 X2 which can be interpreted that there is positive influence between dividend policy and stock price to the value of the Sub Sector of Pharmaceutical company listed in Indonesian Stock Exchange period 2014 until 2016. The strength of relationship of the three variables is medium (r = 0,597). The coefficient of determination is 35.6%, and the remaining 64.4% is explained by other factors. From the results of processing and data calculation, the author concludes that the dividend policy and stock price affect the value of the company in Sub-Sector of Pharmaceutical company listed in the Indonesia Stock Exchange simultaneously or partially and dividend policy and stock price affect the value of the company with leverage as a moderating variable at the Pharmaceutical Sub-sector listed in the Indonesia Stock Exchange simultaneously or partially. Therefore, investors and potential investors should pay attention to the dividend policy and stock price before investing because they are very influential in determining the value of the company and investors and potential investors should pay attention to internal and external factors of the company.
Dividend Policy, Stock Price, The Value of Company, Leverage
To cite this article
Dividend Policy and Stock Price to the Company Value in Pharmaceutical Company’s Sub Sector Listed in Indonesia Stock Exchange, International Journal of Law and Society.
Vol. 1, No. 1,
2018, pp. 16-23.
Copyright © 2017 Authors retain the copyright of this article.
This article is an open access article distributed under the Creative Commons Attribution License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/
) which permits unrestricted use, distribution, and reproduction in any medium, provided the original work is properly cited.
Astuti, D. (2004). Corporate finance management. Surabaya: Ghalia Indonesia.
Brigham, E F. and Joel F. H, (2001). Financial management. 8th edition, book 1, Jakarta: Erlangga.
Harrison Jr., W E, et. al., (2012). Financial accounting-IFRS, Jakarta: Erlangga.
Kasmir. (2010). Introduction to financial management, first edition, second print. Jakarta: Prenada Media Group.
Keown, et. al. (2004). Financial management: Basic principles and applications, ninth edition, volume one. Jakarta: Index of Gramedia Group.
Martani, et al. (2012). Intermediate financial accounting based on PSAK. Jakarta: Salemba Empat.
Rudianto. (2009). Introduction to accounting. Jakarta: Erlangga.
Subramanyam, K. R and John J. W. (2010). Financial statement analysis: Financial statement analysis, book one, edition ten. Jakarta: Salemba Empat.
Sudana, I M. (2011). Corporate financial management: Theory and practice. Jakarta: Erlangga.
Sugiono, A. (2009). Corporate financial management theory and practice, Jakarta: Erlangga.
Syamsuddin, L. (2004). Corporate finance management: Application concept in planning, supervision and decision making, new edition. Jakarta: Raja Grafindo Persada.