From 21-05-2005 to 17-04-2008, B. Sc. in Visva-Bharati University
From 24-07-2008 to 17-07-2010, M. Sc from IIT-Kharagpur
From 22-07-2010 to 13-05-2015, Ph. D. from Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science
From 14-07-2015 to 09-12-2015, Post Doctoral Researcher in IACS Kolkata
From 12/2015 to 07/2016, Assistant Professor in Chemistry
ABN Seal College, CoochBehar
From 08/2016 to Till Date, Assistant Professor in Chemistry
Government General Degree College at Mangalkote
From 03/2019 to 03/2022, Dual Transition Metal catalyzed C-C and C-Heteroatom Cross-Coupling: Sustainable Approach towards the Synthesis of Bioactive Molecules
Sanctioning Authority: Science & Technology and Biotechnology, Govt. of WB
Synthetic Organic Chemistry
Book Chapter on Aryl Carbon-Heteroatom Coupling Reactions Using Nano-Metal Catalyst, in Nanocatalysis: Synthesis and Applications (eds V. Polshettiwar and T. Asefa), John Wiley Sons, Inc., Hoboken, NJ, USA. doi: 10.1002/9781118609811.ch 6, pp 189-220, Brindaban C. Ranu, Debasree Saha, Debasish Kundu and Nirmalya Mukherjee
1) Heterogeneous Cu(II) catalyzed solvent controlled selective N-arylation of cyclic amides and amines with bromo-iodoarenes, Debasish Kundu, Sukalyan Bhadra, Nirmalya Mukherjee, Bojja Sreedhar and Brindaban C. Ranu, Chem. -Eur. J., 2013, 19, 15759
2) Copper assisted nickel catalyzed ligand free C(sp2)-O cross coupling of vinyl halides and phenols, Debasish Kundu, Pintu maity and Brindaban C. Ranu, Org. Lett., 2014, 6, 1040
3) Magnetically Separable CuFe2O4 Nanoparticles Catalyzed Ligand-free C-S Coupling in Water: Access to (E)- and (Z)-Styrenyl-, Heteroaryl and Sterically Hindered Aryl Sulfides, Debasish Kundu, Tanmay chatterjee, Brindaban C. Ranu., Adv. Synth. Catal., 2013, 355(11+12), 2285.
4) Visible light photocatalyzed direct conversion of aryl-/heteroaryl amines to selenides at room temperature, Debasish Kundu, Sabir Ahammed and Brindaban C. Ranu, Org. Lett., 2014, 6, 1814.
5) First Cobalt-catalyzed Intermolecular C(sp2)-O Cross-Coupling, Debasish Kundu, Manisha Tripathy, Pintu Maity, Brindaban C. Ranu, Chem. -Eur. J. 2015, 21, 8727.
6) Microwave-assisted reaction of aryl diazonium fluoroborate and diaryldichalcogenides in dimethyl carbonate: a general procedure for the synthesis of unsymmetrical diaryl chalcogenides, Debasish Kundu, Sabir Ahammed and Brindaban C. Ranu, Green Chem., 2012, 14, 2024.
7) Magnetically separable and recyclable CuFe2O4 nanoparticle catalysed coupling of organoboronic acids and dichalcogenides in PEG-400: A general protocol for the synthesis of organochalcogenides, Debasish Kundu, Nirmalya Mukherjee and Brindaban C. Ranu, RSC Adv., 2013, 3, 117–125.
8) Visible-Light-Photocatalyzed Metal-Free C–H Heteroarylation of Heteroarenes at Room Temperature: A Sustainable Synthesis of Biheteroaryls, Pintu Maity, Debasish Kundu* and Brindaban C. Ranu*, Eur. J. Org. Chem. 2015, 1727. (Most accessed article in 2/2015).
9) A co-operative Ni/Cu system for Csp-Csp and Csp-Csp2 cross-coupling providing a direct access to unsymmetrical 1,3-diynes and en-ynes, Nirmalya Mukherjee, Debasish Kundu, Brindaban C. Ranu, Chem. Commun.2014, 50, 17584.
10) A Direct Synthesis of selenophenes by Cu-catalyzed one- pot Addition of Selenium Moiety to (E, E)-1,3-Dienyl Bromides and Subsequent Nucleophilic Cyclization, Pintu Maity, Debasish Kundu, Rajdip Roy, Brindaban C. Ranu, Org. Lett. 2014, 16, 4122. (Highlighted in Synfacts)
11) Cu-Catalyzed Fe-Driven Csp–Csp and Csp–Csp2 Cross-Coupling: An Access to 1,3-Diynes and 1,3-Enynes Sabir Ahammed, Debasish Kundu, Brindaban C. Ranu, J. Org. Chem. 2014, 79, 7391. (Highlighted in Synfacts).
12) Nickel-Copper Catalyzed C(sp2)-N Cross Coupling of Cyclic and Bridged Amides: An Access to Cyclic Enamides and Alkenyl Vince Lactams, Pintu Maity, Debasish Kundu and Brindaban C. Ranu, Adv. Synth. Catal. 2015, DOI 10.1002/adsc.201500457 (accepted).
13) Tert-butyl nitrite mediated regiospecific nitration of (E)-azoarenes via palladium catalyzed directed C-H activation, Biju Majhi, Debasish Kundu, Sabir Ahammed and Brindaban C. Ranu, Chem.-Eur. J. 2014, 20, 9862.
14) Ionic liquid as base and phase transfer agent: A green protocol for the synthesis of diaryl sulphides in water, Debasish Kundu and Brindaban C. Ranu, J. Ind. Chem. Soc., 2013, 90, 1761. [Invited Manuscript in honour of Prof. Sunil Kumar Talapatra on the occasion of his 80th birthday.
15) Copper-Silver Dual Catalalyzed Decyanative C-Se Cross-Coupling, Nirmalya Mukherjee, Debasish Kundu and Brindaban C. Ranu, Adv. Synth. Catal., 2017, 359, 329.
Honors and Awards
Marie Skłodowska-Curie Seal of Excellence Award by European Commission in EU Framework Programme for Research and Innovation 2014-2020 in 2017 and 2018.
DST-DFG Award of Selection as an Indian researcher participant in 65th Lindau Nobel Laureate Meeting-2015, Germany which is dedicated to Chemistry, Physics, Medicine and Physiology (672 research scholars were selected from 88 countries and only 16 research scholars were selected from India.)
Eli Lilly Asia Outstanding Thesis Award 2015 for PhD research in application of sustainable catalysis in organic synthesis.
INSTITUTE SILVER MEDAL for 1st position in M.Sc. in IIT-Khragpur.
UGC Merit Scholarship (One of the most prestigious scholarships in India) for University first rank in B.Sc during the period of 2009-2010.
Best Poster Award in International Symposium of Light in Chemistry, Materials and Biology (LCMB-2014) held in IIT-Kharagpur.
Best Poster Award in National Symposium of "Celebrating International Year of Periodic Table" (IYPT2019) organized by Bankura University and Bankura Sammilani College
Senior Research Fellowship (2012-2015) and Junior Research Fellowship (2010- 2012) from CSIR-New Delhi, India.
Selected for DS Kothari Postdoctoral Higher Fellowship (not Availed)
Selected for Summer Research Fellowship Programme (SRFP) in 2009 in JNCASR, Bangalore (Only 30 students were selected from all over India).