From 2010 to 2016, Doctor of Phylosophy (Ph.D)
From 06/2017 to 01/2019, Lecturer 1
Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka. Nigeria
From 07/2010 to 06/2017, Senior Lecturer
Enugu State Polytechnic, Iwollo Nigeria
From 06/2011 to 07/2014, Climate change mitigation
Reducing methane emissions from ruminant
Animal Nutrition and Biochemistry
I have not written any book.
17. Ugwuowo, L. C., Ezekwe, A. G., Ani, A. O., Eze, S. I., Anyanwu, C. N., & Ofomatah, A. (2017). Methane Emissions and Volatile Fatty Acid Production From Manure Excreated by Cattle Fed Diets Containing Lipids. Journal of Animal and Plant Sciences, 27(3) 708-713.
16. Ugwuowo, L. C., Ezekwe, A. G., Ani, A. O., Eze, S. I., Anyanwu, C. N., & Ofomatah, A. (2015). The efficacy of palm oil sludge in reducing ruminal methanogenesis using rumen simulation technique. African Journal of Biotechnology, 14(42), 22937-2942.
19. Ugwuowo L.C., Ezeano C. I., Osita C., Chukwuemeka P. I (2019). Effect Of Replacing Fish Meal With Lizard Meat Meal On Diets Fed To African Giant Land Snail (Archachatina Marginata). Acta Scientifica Malaysia, 3(1): 01-04. 20.
18. Olabode, A. D.,Ugwuowo, L. C.,Agu, C. I and Ojuoloruntaye, T. J. (2017). Lizard Meal as Protein Source Enhanced Broiler Growth and Reduced Cost of Production In Ishiagu, Ivo Local Government Area, Ebonyi State. Nig. J. Animal Production 44(5) 99-103.
15. Ani A. O., Kalu I., Ugwuowo L. C. and Ilo E. A (2013). Dietary Effect of Rice Milling Waste and Supplementary Enzyme on Performance of Broiler Chicks. African Journal of Biotechnology. Vol 12(34) pp 5326-5332
14. Ani A.O., G. C. Okeke, M. B . Emeh, Ugwuowo L.C. (2012). Response of Growing Japanese Quail (Cortunix Cortunix Japonica) chicks to diets Containing Different Energy and Protien Levels. Animal Production Research Advances. 8(1) 25-99.
13. Ani A. O., Ezemagu I. E. and Ugwuowo L. C. (2013). Growth Performance of Weaner Pigs fed Soybean hull based diets. Online Journal of Animal and Feed Research. 3(3): 137-142.
12. Ani A. O, Okpako B. A and Ugwuowo L. C. (2013). Effect of Feeding Time on the Performance of Juvenile African Catfish (Clarias gariepinus, burchell 1822) Online Journal of Animal and Feed Research, 3(3): 143-148.
11. Ani A. O.,Ogbu C. C.,Elufidipe C. O. and Ugwuowo L. C.(2013). Growth Performance of African Giant Land Snail (Achatina achatina) fed varying dietry Protein and Energy Levels. Journal of Agricultural and Biological Science. Vol. 8, No 2. Pp. 184-190.
10. Ani A. O., Ugwuowo L. C., Osita C. O and Alutu O. N. (2012). Effect of Dietary Fibre and Supplementary Enzyme Levels on Nutrient Utilization and Haematological Indices of Pullet Chicks. Report and Opinion. Vol. 4(10) Pp 30-36.
9. Ani A. O., Ugwuowo L. C., Osita C. O., and Alutu O. N. (2012). Performance of Pullet Chicks Fed Different Levels of Dietary Fibre and Supplementary Enzyme. Research Opinion in Animal and Veterinary Sciences.
8. Ani A. O.,Amalu S. N., Ugwuowo L. C. and Osita C. O. (2012). Effects of graded levels of Toasted Bambara Nut Offal and Supplementary Enzyme on Haematological Parameters and Organ Weights of Haco-cockerels. Global Journal of Bio-Science and Biotechnology. Vol. 1 (1) 2012: Pp 6-11.
7. Ani A. O., Ogbu C. C., Abakasanga, I. U and Ugwuowo, L. C. (2012). Response of broiler birds to varying dietary levels of Gongronemalatifolium leaf meal. Journal of Biology, Agriculture and Healthcare,3(14): 67-74.
6. Ani A. O, Omeje O. D and Ugwuowo L. C. (2012).Effects of raw bambara nut (Voandzeia subterranean L) waste and enzyme complex, on growth performance and apparent nutrient retention in broiler chickens. African journal of Biotechnology. Vol. 11 (56), pp. 11991-11997, 12 July, 2012.
5. Ugwuowo L. C. and Ani A. O. (2011). Performance and Carcass Characteristics of African Giant Land Snail (Archachatina marginata). International Journal of Science and Nature. Vol. 2(3) 2011:575-581.
4. Ani A.O. and Ugwuowo L.C. (2011). Response of Weaner Rabbits to Diets containing graded levels of processed Velvet beans (mucuna pruriens). African Journal of Bio- technology. Vol. 10(66), pp 14984-14989.
3. Momoh O.M., Ani A.O. and Ugwuowo L.C. (2010) Part-Period Egg Production and Egg Quality Characteristics of Two Ecotypes of Nigeria Local Chickens and Their F1 Crosses. International Journal of Poultry Science. Vol 9(8) 744-748, 2010.
1. Ani, A.O. and Ugwuowo L.C. (2011) Effect of Different Protein Levels on the Growth Performance of African Giant Land Snail (Achatina achatina) Fed Soybean Meal Based Diets. Global Journal of Agricultural Sciences Vol. 10, No. 2, 2011: 151-155.
24. Osita, C. O., A. O. Ani, L. C. Ugwuowo, I. Okeke and C. E. Oyeagu. (2015). Effect of Different Levels of Dietary Inclusion of Vitamin E on Growth Performance and Haematological Indices of Broiler Finisher Birds. Proc. (ADAN -AGM), June 15th-18th, 2015. Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki. Pp 112-115.
Ani, A.O., Ugwuowo, L.C and Omeje, O.D., (2009). The effect of graded levels of raw bambaranut ((Vigna subterranea (L) Verdc) waste and supplementary enzyme on the conformational characteristics of broiler finishers. Proc 34th Ann. Conf. of Nig. Soc. for Anim. Prod. (NSAP). University of Uyo, Uyo, Nigeria. Pp324-327.
22. Ani, A.O and Ugwuowo, L.C. (2009). Effect of different protein levels on the growth performance of African giant land snail (Achatina achatina) fed soybean meal based diets. Proc 34th Ann. Conf. of Nig. Soc. for Anim. Prod. (NSAP). University of Uyo, Uyo, Nigeria. Pp659-662.
21. Ani, A.O., Ugwuowo, L.C. and Abakasanga, I.U.(2012). Growth performance of broiler chicks fed varying dietary levels of Gongronemalatifolium. Proc. 37th Annual Conference of Nig. Soc. for Anim. Prod. (NSAP). University of Agriculture, Makurdi, Nigeria. pp 418-421.
Honors and Awards
1. Best graduating Science students of Boys’ secondary school Ovoko in 1996.
2. Best graduating student of the Department of Animal Science, Faculty of Agriculture, University of Nigeria Nsukka in 2003/2004 session.
Dr. Ugwuowo Leonard Chidi. The Role of Youths In Agriculture in Achieving Vision 2030 of The Sustainable Development Goal.World Youth Day. August-12, 2015, Awka, Nigeria